Thursday, December 5, 2013

Colorful Christmas Lights Nails

I thought I'd go ahead and post the Christmas nails I painted last year. These were a big hit and so much fun to do but they were quite time consuming so be sure you have an hour or so if you plan to do them!

I painted my nails with 2 coats of white polish. Then I dipped a small paint brush* into my black polish and painted the wires for my lights. I used the head of a pin and a variety of bright colors to create the light bulbs. Then I used the same small paint brush and the white polish to create the highlights on the light bulbs. I finished by dabbing some gold sparkly polish on the empty white spaces on my nails.

*(I never buy the polishes that are specifically for nail art that have skinny brushes. I always use my own nail polishes and just paint with tiny paint brushes from a craft store. I find that I have more control using paint brushes over nail art polishes; and it's cheaper because you can use all the colors you already have!)



No comments:

Post a Comment